Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Breaking News: I finally started a blog

Great news! I decided today was the day to stop procrastinating and start my blog. The reasons for this are twofold:

1) My wonderful, nature-loving friend Hannah emailed me a link to her new blog, http://wildlifeencounters.blogspot.com/ and I was so inspired by the beaver she saw on her drive to work this morning (Hooray for Western Mass!) that I decided to get to work on my own blog.
2) It has been pouring rain all day and unfortunately NYC Prep or Real Housewives repeats were not on.

Oh, and one more reason--I'm starting Journalism School in a mere two weeks and I figured it's a good time to get back into the writing groove after my summer hiatus post-graduation from Hamilton College. Am I the only one still feeling the effects of Senior Week? (Just kidding, sort of). I'm also hoping that I will have some exciting stories to share with you from my adventures on the streets of New York City. Yay reporting!

Anyway, I don't have anything too enlightening to share in my first blog seeing as I'm new to this and desperately trying to figure out how to make it look cool. Anyone good with graphics who wants to create a newspaper template for me? It would be greatly appreciated.

Yours truly,
Virgin blogger

P.S. I had the ultimate celebrity sighting last night at the Katy Perry concert at Hammerstein Ballroom with my sister, Liz. Liz was telling me how her daily gossip column informed her that Rihanna was is town and since her and Katy are friends (they even vacation in Barbados together!) we were hoping that the pop star would make an appearance. Fast forward ten minutes later to me complaining how much my feet hurt from standing in the ballroom when Liz exclaimed, "OMG there SHE is!" Let's just say we were pretty psyched and everyone around us was congratulating Liz on having such a good eye! I was basically watching her the whole time and checking out her sweet dance moves. Love her! Oh, and we also saw The Donald in his suit with his hot wife by his side. All in all, great night!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you though I saw a beaver! You really are about to become a full-fledged city girl. Welcome to the blogging world (ha, as if I can talk..having been here for only one day myself!)

    P.S. Sorry for the post delete. I really am still an amateur here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why did you remove Nature Woman's comment? Also you are welcome for spotting Rhianna.. is it just me or do you feel closer to her? Like sometimes now I catch myself thinking that I am actually friends with her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rihanna and I are friends and she has already asked me to star alongside her in her next music video. I will be clad in a full body leather suit, that hopefully will not rip in the ass like Ricky Berens' bathing suit (even though I for one did not mind that). Be jealous!

    ReplyDelete