Thursday, July 30, 2009

Two for Two

Ok, here we go. I made it a priority to blog tonight so it doesn't seem like I am abandoning my new project after a mere twenty four hours. Even though I considered it after Liz made fun of my tag line that is an adaptation of the New York Times' infamous motto, "All the news that's fit to print." Not gonna lie, I was pretty proud of my creativity, but Liz thought it was too nerdy. In fact, I believe her actual response was, "your tag line is BEYOND lame." Thanks, Liz. I guess I will take it as my first constructive criticism that I'm sure I will be getting a lot more of once Journalism classes start. I have a feeling the feedback from Columbia will be a little more useful though. Just kidding Liz, love you!

Speaking of Columbia, my mom and I ventured down there this afternoon so she could see the campus and take a walk around. Her reaction was somewhere along the lines of "Wow, I had no idea the university was this nice. I thought it was just one building or something." Gotta love her. Then we took the 1 train down to 79th St. and enjoyed lunch al fresco at the Boat Basin on the Hudson. It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed the scenic view of the dirty Jerz (haha--love you Molly!). Taking my mom on the subway is also a unique experience in and of itself. All I have to say is, you can take the girl out of the north country, but you can't take the north country out of the girl. LaFargeville, NY for life!

In other news, I am training for a Triathlon that I will be completing (hopefully) in about two weeks. I've already got the running down, as well as the swimming after doing Swim Across America last weekend, but still need some more practice biking. I got a new bike that I'm still getting used to. It's a big upgrade from my fire-engine red bike I got in fifth grade and would ride up and down my cul-de-sac for hours after school. I also may or may not have pretended to be a soccer mom carpooling kids around in my car (aka bike) and that the big circular bush in my yard was the McDonald's drive-thru. No big deal. Don't ask questions, just accept it. I had a vivid imagination, goshhh!

Anyway, enough about that. I think tomorrow morning I'm going to try a "practice" triathlon of sorts. And by that I mean simply doing an early morning swim, directly followed by biking and then running. I'll let you know if I survive. Just thinking about it is making me tired. On that note, time for the CW 11 news at 10. I hope Mr. G gives me a good weather report!

3 comments:

  1. A friend of mine just completed his first ironman triathlon. After every swim or bike he'd finish with a run so that his body would be ready for that kind of transition. It keeps the body guessing. Try it, Mikey. You'll like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MEREDITH how did you not tell me you were doing a triathalon?! SO cool! Love the Cindy comments, she is a riot! (she is probably reading this, huh)

    ReplyDelete
  3. M., thanks for the advice. I'm not of Ironman caliber quite yet, but that's definitely a good strategy. Tried it this morning and liked it.

    Nature Woman, I'm sorry I have let our relationship come to the point where instead of talking to each other directly we read each other's blogs instead to keep up. Haha, just kidding ofcourse. It was kind of a last minute decision, especialy considering it's in two weeks. And also, if Cindy knew what a blog what she'd probably read it, but I'm not so sure!

    ReplyDelete