Monday, September 7, 2009

New York State of Mind

Happy Labor day too all. I am enjoying my first Labor Day off since graduating from Hamilton, considering small,private liberal arts colleges do not recognize national holidays. But they make up for it with a month long winter break and two week spring break. Damn, I'm really going to miss that in real life. Why can't jobs offer college schedules and summers off? I'm going to look into that.

I hope everyone enjoyed their last weekend of summer as much as I did. It was absolutely beautiful weather, complete with some wonderful company. I will be sad to see it go, will also be sad later this evening when I realize I need to crack open a book and do some homework. I guess labor day isn't completely work-free for everyone--Hannah too.

I'll make this quick. A few highlights:
1) Started off the weekend right on Thursday night at a Filligar concert with Molly and Cam. Rocked out to some tunes and drank a gallon of beer.
2) J-School BBQ on Friday
3) Run in scenic Rockefeller park with my dad, followed by Jenna's grad party
4) City date with Molly, which began with a complete stranger offering to parallel park Molly's car on the Upper East Side after watching us try to do it for a good 15 minutes. Only in New York.
5) Met up with some wonderful Hamilton people at The Frying Pan on the Hudson, follwed by running into even more Hamilton people at a different bar. Amazing.
6) Hamilton crowd all capped off the night with the most amazing NY pizza I have ever tasted, and it wasn't just because I was drunk. It was pretty f-in delicious.
7) Slept over with Molly at my sisters. Woke up, snuggled. Got a much needed bagel to cure our hangovers and tried tofu cream cheese, which was surprisingly delicious. Try it: www.tofutti.com
8) We walked off our bagels on our way to Central Park and proceeded to lay their in the warm summer sun for a good three hours. Great people watching.

All in all, it was a good time had by all and hopefully foreshadowing into the life that Molly and I will soon lead as roommates together in NYC. Everyone is welcome to visit once that dream becomes a reality. Haha :) Happy End of Summer everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are so much cooler than me. Sounds like a fab weekend.

    ReplyDelete