Friday, August 14, 2009

Here today, Tri tomorrow

After an exciting three days of meeting new people and getting acquainted with Columbia, I am pretty exhausted. However, I'm gearing up for my first ever triathlon bright and early tomorrow morning! I just made some delicious grilled whole-wheat pizza for the fam and me because let's face it, the best part about competing in a race is the excuse for a carbo load the night before. Although I'm not sure my homemade cuisine can ever compare to team dinners at Commons Dining Hall before a 5K. Oh, college. Those were the days.

The forecast for tomorrow is nice, thank goodness, but very hot. Luckily it's early enough that it shouldn't be too bad. I also think the majority of the bike course is shaded which is also a bit of a relief. I'm pretty nervous despite the fact that I don't have any high expectations other than finishing. I guess there's a first time for everything though, right? I'm hoping I can get the transitions done smoothly and that I don't lag behind too much. Either way, it will certainly be a challenging new experience for me that I'm sure I will enjoy. Maybe I'll even become a triathlete and can get one of those nifty bumper stickers that say "Swim. Bike. Run." for my car? I won't get ahead of myself just yet.

As much as I would love to recap the J-School Happy Hour, dinner, and walking tour of Brooklyn, I better get to bed. 5:30 am wake up call tomorrow, 6 am departure. Wish me luck! Hopefully I'll be alive enough to blog about my finish tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment