Saturday, August 1, 2009

Rabbit, Rabbit!

Happy August everyone! So I'm a huge nerd and just got really excited because I remembered to say Rabbit, Rabbit right after midnight! For those of you who are unaware of the superstition/old wives' tale, it goes a little something like this...On the first of every month when you wake up (or when the clock strikes midnight in my case) you must say Rabbit, Rabbit before anything else in order to have good luck for the entire month. It's hardly the case that I remember or am coherent enough in the morning (see earlier post) to say this, so I'm pretty excited about this one. Here's to hoping August gets off to a good start!

On that note, I'm taking off for vacation with the fam in the 1000 Islands on the beautiful and scenic St. Lawrence River. I'm ready and looking forward to some long runs with my dad along the water followed by a plunge in the refreshing river, boat rides and beverages around the islands, jet skiing with friends, trips to the local ice cream parlor, sunbathing and reading on the dock, kayaking, family reunions and BBQs, and much, much more! Clearly I will be keeping busy relaxing (oxymoron?) and having some good old-fashioned fun, so I won't have much time to blog. That, and we don't have a wireless Internet connection other than my iPhone. I know, it's crazy, right? So if you need to reach me, give me a call or text, but just know that I'll be on island time--haha sorry, I couldn't resist! Hope the weather shapes up and that everyone has a great first week of august! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment